Wednesday, September 28, 2016

TIWC........ Illusion Eluded.

Sorry I missed the last two challenges! I wasn't feeling well. But here is my story.....

Illusion Eluded


Black hair.
Grey eyes.
This photograph, this image, is all I have.

All I know is her name, Myra, and my name. Conor.

I have a few faint memories. 

There's a sunset.

A.. a sword...

a lighthouse...

But wait... there's something else.

A conversation...

"Traitor!" she had shouted at me, her black hair blowing back in the wind. 
"Myra, they were going to betray us! So I had to betray them first."
She shakes her head, tears in her eyes. "You're wrong.



She said I was a traitor. Maybe I was, I guess. But I just did what I had to do.

I've tried so hard to convince myself that it is all a dream. All I nightmare, All an illusion, that maybe, somehow, I don't exist, she doesn't exist, and I never betrayed anyone.

But, then again, who am I kidding?

I'm real.
She's real.
The betrayal?

Oh yeah. How could it be anything but?


//


I'm awful.


Can't say that I'm sorry for breaking your heart....


But I do have another post planned for tonight!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!