Saturday, September 9, 2017

Crowns of Croswald by DE Night Review {Book Appreciation But Much Hatred of Pie??}



Hello, earthlings and extraterrestrials!


Today I bring you a review of a book that I definitely have mixed feelings for. One the one hand, it has dragons and book appreciation! On the other, it has DEFINITE food hate and I can't even understand that, man.


Image result for good grief gif
effie will like this gif, but sophie won't because it reminds me of hayffie. *evil laugh*

I mean... I'm not like obsessed with food but I can appreciate a good pie. Ivy (the MC) kept skipping meals and being disgusted with pie and I can't even. Pie. Pie is awesome.

Image result for Pie is awesome GIF

But like, there's a dragon and also much book appreciation, so that's lovely!! and most of the magic is done with quills and ink which is how it should be, am I right? Yes, I'm always right, kids, now let's move on already.

I couldn't tell if this book was MG or maybe possibly YA because the characters acted like they were 12 but they were actually like... 16 so... *much shrug* The action level and content was very much MG but the character's ages were very much YA. Idk, man. On a cleanness scale, though, it was a 10/10. No content. None. Of course the lack of content made it seem even more like a MG book, but then lack of content is a good thing sooo I'm just quite conflicted right now. Hmm.
The book is pretty good! There at the end it really focuses on a small few characters and you get somewhat attached to the smol things. It's... actually, okay, fine, the first three chapters are a lot like Harry Potter but I'll overlook that. You can't write about magical school without me comparing it to Hogwarts, kids. And there's never enough dark magic in these schools. *eye roll* kids these days, man.

The cover looks nice!! that's the most important thing, ri- why are you looking at me like that no COME BACK. ahem.

It photographs well, okay?




thanks to my brother for helping me take photos. he's a fabulous fiend.





Oh, you'll want the synopsis.  Here. Knock yourselves out NOT LITERALLY NO STOP IT.



In Croswald, the only thing more powerful than dark magic is one secret… 

For sixteen years Ivy Lovely has been hidden behind an enchanted boundary that separates the mundane from the magical. When Ivy crosses the border, her powers awaken. Curiosity leads her crashing through a series of adventures at the Halls of Ivy, a school where students learn to master their magical blood and the power of Croswald’s mysterious gems. When Ivy’s magic––and her life––is threatened by the Dark Queen, she scrambles to unearth her history and save Croswald before the truth is swept away forever.

It's a good book and a nice premise. There were just some small things that bothered me a bit more than they should have. What can I say, I can be somewhat picky. Sometimes. I give it a 6/10 or a 3/5.


Have you read this book?? Will you be reading it?? If you HAVE read it, does it seem MG or YA to you? What's your favorite type of pie?

Image result for lego batman batman out gif




4 comments:

  1. "Skipping meals and being disgusted with pie" does not sound like a healthy thing to have in a MG novel?? although - was it skipping meals because she was busy? (in which case, PRIORITIES??) but that still doesn't give an excuse for not liking pie. (I hardly ever get pie so BE GRATEFUL, kid.)

    And I haven't watched Supernatural at all but even I know that since you were talking about pie you have to put that guy in. Or the Internet Police will come and take your internet away. ;P
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, children should not be exposed to this.

      Haha, the Internet Police will NEVER take my internet away!!

      Delete
  2. ...Oh its on Daisy. *disappears into the galaxy shadow* *so cryptic.....so mysterious*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayffie = fabulous and pure. *much batman* *much shiny*

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!