Sunday, August 20, 2017

NaNo 101: Your Introduction



Hello, earthlings and extraterrestrials!

I'm ridiculously excited today because I have decided to do a blog series called 'NaNo 101', in which I will give you some not so helpful very helpful NaNo advice. *jazz hands and confetti*


Today's topic is..... WHAT IS NANO?


Well, kids, NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month. I know, right? I'm so good at math.

Basically, it's a challenge to write a novel in a month. no way 

It's also an amazing community of crazy people who will scream at you and attack you with gifs.


Image result for marvel we're all crazy gif
not really.


I fit right in, and so will you.

Image result for marvel we're all crazy gif
iron man says so.


as you can see... I love to attack people with gifs.

Ahem.

Actually, they call themselves the WriMos. or the NaNoers. There's also this whole controversy of whether it's 'ree-mo' or 'ry-mo' so yeah. Let's just be the Gaurdians of the Galaxy, we can all ponounce that, right?

There are two divisions- Adult WriMos and Young Writers. We're going to talk about the Young Writers mostly because Adulting is lame.

Also because I am a Young Writer. *sips coffee* 

The YWP  forums will be your best friend on this journey. Or they might be your worst nightmare. But we'll get to that later.

YWP = Young Writers Program. Young Writers = anyone who hasn't graduated yet.

*nodnod*

But this? this is only the tip of the iceberg. The beginning. There is so much more- plotting vs pantsing, the ins and outs of the forums, my hand-dandy survival guide...

Hahaha, but we won't get to that until later this month.


//

Are you a WriMo/NaNoer? If not, has this been of any help? Did you at least appreciate the GIFs?

Image result for lego batman batman out gif

6 comments:

  1. NANO! NANO! NANO!
    I'm super excited for the rest of this series, I definitely am in need of HELP when it comes to NaNo right now....Ha....Plot...come to me... XD
    -Emma-
    P.S. oh my goodness it's so totally "ry" mo not "ree".
    Do you like to go wreete for a bit? Or do you WRYTE?? XD XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yup.
      I'll do my best o.0

      EXACTLY? LET'S GO WREETE A STORY

      Delete
  2. I have never done NaNo, but I want to do badly! Please, give my all the advice! ;)

    ~ Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall endeavour to help you. *nodnod* You should do nano.

      Delete
  3. NANO. YES. (not that I've ever completed the 50k one, but that's beside the point...)

    And I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy [yet!], but I have to say, they look like they're in some sort of police line-up?? Also, what is Star Lord doing??? xD

    Looking forward to the rest of your posts, Daisy!
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen parts of it, actually :/ and NANO IS AWESOME.

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!