Saturday, July 22, 2017

Paperbacks vs eBooks {Better Than Batman vs Superman}



Hello, earthlings and extraterrestrials!


Today I bring you a discussion post on an epic battle- paperback books vs eBooks. I honestly can't think of anything clever or interesting to say as an intro, though, so... let's just start the post.


Image result for let's just get started gif

//

EBOOKS

pros

  • cheap
  • instantly have them
  • can take a lot with you
  • can have on multiple devices

cons

  • harder to focus on
  • just doesn't feel right
  • screen fries your eyeballs at night


See how difficult this is? I mean, it's saving money and the instant download is cool, so... that's good, but it doesn't feel right and it hurts your eyes so do the pros even count? Do they??

Okay, now for the...

PAPERBACKS

pros

  • feels good
  • can go on shelf
  • can hold in hand
  • just... really nice to have

cons

  • can get bent/lost/water/fire damage
  • expensive
  • takes up so much room!
  • if you drop it on your feet it hurts.


No, really, that last one is legitimate.

Related image
it's safe to assume that he dropped a book on his feet.

So, as you can see, there are definite pros and cons and some not-so-definite ones but but no right answer, necessarily. 
Image result for there's no right answer gif
except i'd rather be batman, honestly

Personally? I guess I prefer paperback books. I just like the way they feel. HOWEVER, I like eBooks too- mostly because #cheap but also because you can have them instantly. And also, it depends on the book itself.

//

IN OTHER NEWS I hit 300+ followers- HOW?? WHAT?? Thank you guys SO MUCH. It's very surreal. Do we need to have a giveaway?

//

Talk to me!
Paperback or eBooks? Why? Nightwing or Batman SAY BATMAN ? 

Image result for lego batman batman out gif

7 comments:

  1. So with regards to the last con under paperbacks...have you ever dropped your eReader on your foot? OUCH! :-)

    Other pros to regular paperbacks or regular books: easy to share; can start your own Little Free LIbrary; find cheaply at yard sales, flea markets, used book stores, and library sales; (in most cases) better editing.

    I read both regular books and eBooks. Prefer the regular ones. eBooks don't have a distinct aroma like print books do; I've always loved that.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD you have a good point. Touché.

      And more good points?! You're on a roll.

      Delete
  2. I definitely like paperbacks better! I've actually never really read an eBook, but I just love the feeling of a real book. I also really don't like staring at a screen for too long.
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The feeling of a physical book is just really nice.

      Delete
  3. It's always Physical Books for me! Even if I buys an ebook, I'll always end up buying a physical copy to put on my shelf. I just love the feel of a book in my hands (and also I love having big bookshelves!).
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's really nice to have an actual collection of books.

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!