Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2017

Beautiful People {In Which I Start on the 26th}


Hello, earthlings and extraterrestrials!

So I like never do these writing tags because I'm #lame. But I wanted to do it so here we are.


ANYWAYS. Let's begin...

//

10928109_595959117172101_1450331761_n

  • How do you decide which project to work on? 

WELL, it takes far too long. I usually have two going at once, though. God usually puts the right one in front of me though.

  • How long does it usually take you to finish a project?

A month and a half. I'm slow, okay? *sighs* *turtles*


  • Do you have any routines to put you in the writing mood?

I look at my pinterest moodboard and listen to a few songs before beginning.


  • What time of day do you write best?

Definitely early morning and late night. Help, I need sleep.


  • Are there any authors you think you have a similar style to?

IDK because my style changes so drastically. Example:

Wings like moth’s wings flutter, black in the dark velvet of the midnight of the realm.
             They whisper, black wings flitting in and out of the trees. The trees are frightening; their branches are dark clawed shapes reaching for the blinking stars.      
            And suddenly, a flash of blue. Ethereal eyes, the color of sapphires in sunlight, are seen clearly in the gloom.  The eyes see. What they see they remember. What they remember, they report.
versus

Killing them would do nothing for me or my cause! Utterly ridiculous for them to frame her. Utterly ridiculous, all of it.  If they’d use their heads they’d find whoever the murderer is, and quit endangering all of us. Stupid.
                To be fair, Tilley didn’t really think she’d be a better ruler than the king and queen had been. She’d probably get all preoccupied and then the throne would end up usurped before she could say Pygmy Squarf. An eye roll, again. 
So you tell me.


  • Why did you start writing, and why do you keep writing?

Um.... because I like talking, okay? That really answers both questions. Also I feel that it's what God has led me to do.

  • What’s the hardest thing you’ve written?

Probably Dragoncologist which I have restarted five times.


  • Is there a project you want to tackle someday but you don’t feel ready yet?

Definitely a sci-fi wonderland retelling. Picture it! All cyberpunk and sci-fi and weird...



  • What writing goals did you make for 2017 and how are they going?


My goals were to write Dragoncologist and publish Disaster and I will probably be publishing Disaster on the 20th and I'm at 2k on Dragocologist finally so... slowly but surely!

  • Describe your writing process in 3 words or a gif!

I couldn't pick three words, then I found five different gifs that worked, then I was like what is wrong with me so.

Image result for writing gif

Yeah, no clue what this gif is from but it is literally perfection.


//
Should all good daisies start on #26? Do you have ANY clue what the gif is from? What's your writing process? Does your writing style change drastically?

Image result for lego batman batman out gif




12 comments:

  1. Well... it would be awkward to go back to #1 and try to catch up? (At least that's what I'm telling myself about my upcoming [first] BP post ;)

    My style probably changes depending on the project [and what I've been reading]; I figure that since I'm not writing for an audience that expects something of a certain style, I can have fun while practising my writing!

    But I want to see all 5 GIFs, Daisy! xD
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive restarted Caught Outside twice now, but five times? That's a lot of rewriting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A MONTH AND A HALF TO FINISH A PROJECT??? It takes me a month and a half to like... BRAINSTORM a project. XD And omg I have the same problem with writing style! I have deep, prosey paragraphs... and then ever since I started blogging I've become more sarcastic and sassy and (I think) witty??? So I'm just like asdfghjkl decide on one please May. A sci-fi retelling sounds so good -- and shouldn't it be BatGIRL out???

    may @ forever and everly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wha-a?? But I thought I was slow??
      and YESS. It's like can't make up my mind oh no.... and It WOULD be BatGIRL out but they don't have a gif of that so.

      Delete
    2. Daisy, a month and a half is AMAZING. Is that for a full first draft of a novel??

      Delete
    3. It's usually a first and second draft. :p

      Delete
    4. YOU WRITE A FIRST + SECOND DRAFT IN A MONTH AND A HALF
      HOW ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN
      *realises I answered my own question* You're an extraterrestrial, aren't you?! YOU ARE AN ALIEN SUPER-WRITER. *throws lamingtons at you and runs*

      Delete
  4. OOH A SCI-FI WONDERLAND RETELLING SOUNDS AMAZING! And I don't know where that gif is from either, but I'm like 80% sure that's Zac Effron?😂
    My writing style used to change a lot, but now it's settled down into a distinctly "me" sort of style and I'm haaappy with it. *twirls* It's fun to be varied though!
    (And omg congrats for being nearly ready to publish your book.😱😱🎉🎉)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU and that seems right?
      I want to be consistent thooooughh
      and THANK YOU I AM SO EXCITED.

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!