Saturday, June 17, 2017

I Wrote a Story and Kept It Semi-Secret




Hello, earthlings and extraterrestrials!

You will not believe it, but today I discovered that cats can come out of bags. Considering how violently they come out, I'd hate to be the one putting them in.



What, me trying to distract you from the title? Pfffft no, never. I wouldn't dream of it. See, it's just that you guys are so easily distracted and the fact that my subtitle involved cats coming out of bags and then I like, had to say something about cats and bags or else my subtitle would be pointless, and 


Ahem. 

You know how I kept saying I had a #mysterious something? Well, it might have been a novelette. I might have accidentally written and edited a novelette, then sent it off to beta-readers without ever mentioning it.

Sorry?

NO WAIT PUT AWAY THE PITCHFORKS! See, I'm going to make up for lost time by telling you alllll about it now. *smiles hopefully* I am anti-getting pitchforked.

//

Introducing.....

thanks for the cover, cambria burdeck!
x
When Wither is crowned king of the faerie, he knows that it is up to him to free his people from the UnderKingdom, a vast network of mines that his people have been confined to for a thousand years. In a desperate attempt to prove himself, he kidnaps the pyxie princess and swears that he will stop at nothing to convince her to help them. 
When Aspin, princess of the pyxie, finds herself in the UnderKingdom, her first instinct isn't fright- she has never been frightened of anything, for there has never been anything for her to be frightened of. When she meets the faerie, she agrees to help them into the world- into the light. A thousand years is far too long; no one should be in the dark that long.
Together, Wither and Aspin launch headlong into an adventure, setting off a chain of events out of their control. 
 x


 What do you think?

I plan on self-publishing it sometime in August, and I am super excited! But who can wait until August, right? So, I'm going to give you a 100-word sneak peek because I like you guys.

           Pale faerie skin clothed in dark feathers, beautiful and dangerous, mystery at its best. They know that they will not be seen, not be heard. They are secretive and silent- they do their job well. The one they report to will be pleased.
            They are bold enough, for moment, to exchange glances, to smile triumphantly. This is their folly. They nearly miss the sound of the sunrise- a faint, whispering sound, but more melodic than the moon. Their eyes are filled with fear for a second, and then they melt away into the shadows, unseen and unknown, safe until the next morning.
Okay, 102, 102. Pretty close to 100. Hey, if you wanted exact, you should have said exact. *eye roll*

Oh, yeah, and Wither and Aspin? You might know of them. ;)


So! What do you think? Are you excited? Do you like my 102 words? You angry that I kept it secret? Does it sound like something you would read?

Image result for lego batman batman out gif



14 comments:

  1. Yess!!! I'm so glad you finally announced it! It's been an honor reading your book, and being there since it was a baby idea. I'm so proud you've finished Beautiful Disaster! I propose a toast! *toasts lemonade*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Drops pitchfork in shock after reading sneak peek* I'm interested. When can I read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *takes pitchfork* I'll be confiscating this. And I'll be letting a few people read it for free when the blog tour begins- sometime in late july or early august.

      Delete
  3. Wow, your book sounds SO good! And the cover is beautiful! *flails*

    Will you be needing any reviewers in the future? ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And Cambria really did a great job with the cover. And YES!! I will 100% need reviewers in the not-so-distant future.

      Delete
  4. Those 102 words sound really great! I'll hopefully be reading MORE than those 102 words today... XD And that's so awesome that you're planning to self-publish! Best of luck to you. *flails*

    may @ forever and everly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, May! and take your time. :p And self-publishing seems more 'me' than traditional publishing... I guess I'm a teeny bit of a control freak?

      Delete
  5. WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME NOW I MUST BUY THE BOOK
    Oh and I'll give you a reveiw. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *is excited that you are excited* *is dorky*

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, congrats on your new story! I'm so excite dto buy it and review it on my blog! I've been really getting into your awesome blog lately, and CAN WE TALK ABOUT YOUR BLOG DESIGN
      I need a bouquet of those flowers at the top...
      Anyways, your book sounds amazing! I love your blog, you're very talented!
      ~Sam https://redheadwithabook.wordpress.com/

      Delete
    3. Eeep! Thanks, Sam! and I love my blog design, despite its flaws. :) and THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT MEANS A LOT.

      Delete
  6. This looks super cool, Daisy! I would like to have a story kept in secret, but I've never been very good with that....I JUST WANNA TELL EVERYONE ASAP! XD I can't wait for it to be published- I would love to read it! :)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! I actually wonder if keeping it secret... helped me? IDK.

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!