Search This Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Writer's Tag // Words! Words! Words! (+ Mother's Day)


//



Hello, earthlings and extraterrestrials! May the Mango Queen said that ANYONE could do the Writer's Tag that she did so very deeceelously (i mean, we have marvelously, so...) It looked fun, I like talking- er, typing? Both, really- and also I just really like words. Therefore, I took her offer and am doing it!

First things firstly, though, go check out May's beautiful blog!



What genres, styles, and topics do you write about?

The dreaded question! What have I done? Well, ah.... hmm. I write fantasy, mostly.... I really like faeries and dragons and mountains, so those show up a lot. I've always wanted to write a sci-fi, but.... Okay, I really have no reason. Why haven't I written a sci-fi yet?!
My fantasy, I guess, is high fantasy. It's definitely not dark fantasy, and I really wouldn't call it epic fantasy. Ain't no wayyy it's magical realism. 

I'd like to try some of everything, someday, though. :p

How long have you been writing?

Since the dawn of time? Okay, fine, honestly since I was about six; I remember thinking, "Hey- I want to be a writer." I think in my head it involved lots of cookies and sweaters? But really, isn't that what writing really is?

Why do you write?

Because I am weird. 

Image result for mic drop gif lego batman
yes, that is the world's greatest superhero. lego batman.

Okay, fine, the real reason is that God gave me stories for a reason; Now I have to share them with the world.

When is the best time to write?

All the time! Four in the morning? Sure. Midnight? Whatever. Middle of lunch? Yep, done it. Basically whenever.

What parts of writing do you love and hate?

Love

  • putting words on a page
  • that lovely clicking sound my computer keys make
  • telling a story!
  • making characters!
  • procrastinatingggg

Hate

  • that fear that it will never be good enough
  • writer's block
  • that moment when you can't come up with a word/phrase and you have to (a) make something up, (b) leave it blank, or (c) ask someone for help. ( I usually choose a...)

How do you overcome writer's block?

Well... I usually force myself to write a horrible sentence. Somehow, that cures it. 
Of course, then I have to deal with a horrible sentence in editing later....

Are you working on something at the moment?

....Yes.
That's all I will say. #mysterious

What are your writing goals this year?

...I really really really wanted to say that those  are secret.
BUT I won't. :)

  • publish... something #mysterious
  • write some more... something #mysterious
  • write a contemporary! 
  • finish a collab story with Sophie

PEOPLE I TAG

  1. Madi
  2. Sophie
  3. Manta
also anyone else who desires to do this. :)

NOW. It is also Mother's Day!

We all know that moms are awesome. Of course, really anything we say has been said before. So, all I'll say is: I love you, Mom. Thanks for being there always. :)


Image result for mothers day gif
//



Do you like words? You watching Lego Batman this weekend (say yes)? Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I love words! I saw Lego Batman, and it is so adorable. I would definitely watch it again. You too! Although, I'm not quite sure that a "great Monday" is possible for us public schoolers.

    Isabel­čĺť

    authorspresssite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words are like the Force. :p I haven't seen it yet! 0.o dying. dying. dying. Aww. :p have a mediocre Monday, then. :p

      Delete
  2. We are called writers for a reason. We write anyhow, anytime, anywhere. Except when we don't feel like it. XD
    Great post! I really enjoyed reading your answers.
    And also, that Pusheen gif!!! <3 <3 <3

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep. :p Thanks! And isn't pusheen cute?

      Delete
  3. LEGO BATMAN! That GIF made this post perfection. XD (and the fact that you talked about writing, of course. But also Lego Batman, 'cause he's hilarious. :P)

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!