Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Shakespearean Star Wars? {A Book Review}

/Goodreads/ /Amazon/


Related image
via

Summary {From Goodreads}

Return once more to a galaxy far, far away with this sublime retelling of George Lucas's epic Star Wars in the style of the immortal Bard of Avon. The saga of a wise (Jedi) knight and an evil (Sith) lord, of a beautiful princess held captive and a young hero coming of age, Star Wars abounds with all the valor and villainy of Shakespeare's greatest plays. 'Tis a tale told by fretful Droids, full of faithful Wookiees and fearsome Stormtroopers, signifying... pretty much everything.

Reimagined in glorious iambic pentameter, William Shakespeare's Star Wars will astound and edify Rebels and Imperials alike. Zounds! This is the book you're looking for.
 


This absolutely is the book I was looking for.

When I found out that this book existed, my reaction was something like this:

Image result for surprised gif harry potter

When I found out that my library had it, I looked just like this:

Image result for fangirl squealing gif

Throughout reading it, I was simultaneously laughing, crying, laughing because I was crying, and hugging the book to my chest. The illustrations were 100% wonderful, the quotes were 100% beautiful, and this book gets all the stars.

I also convinced my mom to read some of it, and she was just laughing so. so. hard.

This book is like dark chocolate for the soul as in good for the heart.  As in, also delicious. As in, also caffeinated so I was up all night.

All the reasons to love this book
  • Star Wars
  • Shakespeare
  • Lots of 'verily' and 'aye, true'
  • Illustrations of Star Wars Characters in Shakespearean garb
If that's not enough to make you go buy it now... then I don't know what is.

Basically, guys, my words are gone and I don't know what to say at this point. Therefore, I will just order you all to buy it now. Right now.  Words do NOT do it justice, and you must all read it now.




2 comments:

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!