Saturday, April 1, 2017

NaPoWriMo: 1

Ink

The ink touches the page,
scritch, scratch
The artist sets the stage,
scritch, scratch
A white expanse now painted with black,
scritch, scratch
The author knows there's no going back,
scritch, scratch
Every comma, every letter,
scritch, scratch
The artist knows he can do better,
scritch, scratch
Worlds of paper, paper and ink
scritch, scratch
Paper people, paper things.
//

What did you guys think? Look at all the commas! Do any of you like the way commas look?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's really good. :) I'm doing NaPoWriMo this year, because I recently discovered my loved for poetry. Good luck, teammate! *high-five*

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting poem. Perfect for National Poetry Month.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!