Search This Blog

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Mystery on the Train Book Review





Ten-year-old Scarlet Paddleburrow is off to a prestigious boarding school in New York. But first, she has to travel there - by train. Along the way, she meets a new friend - Kat Davids, who is also going to the same school. The two girls become fast friends, and spend most of the day together.

When mysterious and frightening things start happening, a chain of events throws Scarlet and Kat smack in the middle of the a mystery.
Who is sabotaging the train and trying to scare the passengers? And why? It’s up to Scarlet - with the help of her new friend - to find out.
The Mystery on the Train is the first book in The Scarlet Paddleburrow Mystery Series, for girls ages 8-12.


ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lydia Dyslin is a Christian, homeschooled author living in the state of New Hampshire. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading, sewing, playing the piano, or spending time with friends. She lives with her parents, her sister Jo, and her two cats, Twilight and Twinkle.
You can read more about her at her blog: http://disneyfans4ever2.blogspot.com



//

Lydia is one of those bloggers I stalked for FOREVER back when this blog was just a baby, so when she announced that she was publishing her book, I just HAD to sign up for a book review!

This book is really cute! It's for ages 8-12, so of course it was a bit young for me, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The characters were sweet, and the mystery was done pretty well. The writing was good and the author clearly has a good grasp on grammar. (As a Grammar Nazi, you can trust me)

It's very short (I read it in fifteen minutes) which is perfect for the intended age range. It is perfectly clean, which is what we should see more of in the world. :)

Basically: go read this book! The amazon and goodreads links are up at the top of the page





2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for participating and reading my book, Daisy!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!