Monday, March 20, 2017

Tell Me a Beautiful Story- A Poem

//

Tell Me a Beautiful Story



Tell me a beautiful story
One that I have not heard,
one that I know, as old as the earth.

Tell me a beautiful story
One as shining as the moon, 
one that I don't remember, faded as parchment.

Tell me a beautiful story
One where the sky is open,
one that I see, bright as the grass.

Tell me a beautiful story
One that is new,
one that I'll whisper forever.

Tell me a beautiful story
One forever loved,
to the future, through the past.

//
Happy start of the week! I hope it goes well for you. May the odds be ever in your favor and may the Force be with you in all your endeavors.

On the topic of poetry, I may not do NaPoWriMo this year... I long to, but alas, I also long to write a story for CampNaNo, and my family also has travel plans... April is a month always packed to bursting, but it is full of fun each year. And it also has several of my family members' birthdays in it!

 Another thing is, it leads up to my birthday, the summer, swimming, and longer days. I'm looking forward to summer. :)


Will you tell me a beautiful story? Are you looking forward to summer?


5 comments:

  1. Everything always seems to happen in the same, month, does't it? Especially April and November for some strange reason. It's like the universe knows we want to write and throws everything else in there at the same time.

    Beautiful poem! I feel like it captures the spark of what telling stories is all about. Old, new, familiar, not, we all long to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The odds are never in a writer's favor.

      Thank you! Your comment made my day!

      Delete
  2. That's such a lovely poem! And sadness you can't do NaNo but I hope you have a good time on your holidays and adventures.🎉 I'm tentatively planning to do NaNo but my sister is coming home from uni for a week so I want to be able to spend time with her haha. So we'll see!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!