Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2017

Current WIP: Adventures of an Unemployed Dragoncologist

Free stock photo of nature, forest, trees, fog

Let's say there was a secret world, right inside our world. This world has everything you'd expect of a secret world; magic, mountains, pixies.... and dragons.


Image result for dragon

In this world, dragons are feared, hated. They're kept closed up glass enclosures, never to roam free- ever.


Free stock photo of girl, forest, trees, outside

One girl, Tilly Rosenfield, disagrees. She finds dragons... fascinating. She became a Dragoncologist, which, of course, is one who makes sure the proper precautions are made to keep the dragons from getting out. But when she's fired due to secretly setting some of the more dangerous ones free....

Image result for small dragon

She sneaks one out of its enclosure, a Pygmy Squarf, only five inches long, three inches tall. His name? Flip.

Free stock photo of forest, trees, hiking, wanderlust

Together they wander throughout the whole human world, and the magic world too, as Tilly battles her greatest fear... other people.


//

What do you think?


7 comments:

  1. Whoa, that looks REALLY cool. I especially love Flip the dragon. :D

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clara. Flip is my favorite.... even though I shouldn't play favorites...

      Delete
  2. I think this is AWESOME. HELP ME. I'm dying of awesomeness. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Madi! That means a lot. I've got this feeling, like I can do this, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And oh yeah, you've totally got this! *thumbs up*

      Delete
  4. This sounds amazing! I love the tiny little dragon! He's just darling! :) Don't you wish sometimes that magic and faerie and all things fantastical were really real? I do, but then I think, oh boy, wouldn't that be something. I would be sure to get eaten up by some nasty thing the first page in!! Haha! I think I'll stick to writing about it! LOL! :)

    ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do wish for faeries and dragons, and elves and such.... but the world would be amazingly dangerous with all those creatures...

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!