Saturday, July 30, 2016

A Letter to My Characters (Spoilers)

Dear Assorted Book Characters,
Today is one of the last days of CampNaNoWriMo, and because my story is drawing to a close, I thought I would share some things with you.
I know you all currently hate me, especially you, Lyri, because you're going to end up trying to kill your friends. And you, twins, because one of you is probably going to die.
But I'd like to point out, that without all the pain and sorrow I am putting you through right now, the message of hope at the end wouldn't mean a thing. Remember, this book may be about you guys, but it's really a story about life. Yeah, people die, go crazy, and have to sell things that are really important to them. And yeah, sometimes those things don't happen. But without books like ours, the world wouldn't think 'Oh, yeah, after pain comes hope,' or something like that. They'd just think, 'Oh. Yeah. Pain.'
So just remember, in these last few painful days, that you are doing this for the greater good.

Because, Lyri, your friends aren't gonna let you kill them.
Your world isn't gonna fall apart.
You are destined for greatness.
How do I know?
Because I am writing your destiny.
- The Authoress

~AnonymousA~

P.S., Looking forward to doing business with you in book 2!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this. Sometimes I think that life is a story and we are the characters, and we need to say the same things to ourselves. We need these bad things to happen to allow growth and hope.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!