Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Why I Write

If you're new to the blog, or even if you're an old-timer on here, I should tell you why I write.

I already explained it in poem form:


Why I Write

I write for myself, a little, it's true.
But part of it actually, is that I write it... for you.
I think of encouragement, laughter, and things.
When people say they like it, my mind starts to sing.
All the hours typing,
all the hours writing,
are worth it. 
They're worth it,
to me.
And if they're failures, from them I can learn.
Although, I may still like them.
When my fingers burn,
and my eyes grow weary, there's still another page to turn.
Athletes, they look forward to the Olympics
but every single day is the Write-o-lympics.
For every word is a challenge,
every page is a game,
every smile is a gold medal,
every kind comment is fame.
That's why I write.
I do it for me...
But the truth is, when I write, I do it kind of... for you.
Part of my thinks if I didn't, I'd die.
Part of me thinks without it, I'd cry.
But the truth is, I wouldn't be me without it.
It's like a part of me, there's no doubt about it.
So when I can't get to sleep at night,
when I pick up the pen and write,
through it all, remember,
it's not exactly a sacrifice...
it's like eating, like sleeping.
Does that explanation suffice?
I write for me, I write for you.

Yet here I am again, explaining it.

When I was 6 years old, my mom let me use and old filing cabinet and desk. My dad set it on the porch, and one rainy afternoon I sat down and wrote a book.
I called it "Lone Wolf". It was about an Alaskan Husky named Polo and her adventures. I wrote it on construction paper. I still have it, actually.

Well, even when I was small I loved stories.
I would tell stories to my family's pediatrician. She would always laugh and tell me to write a book someday.


As of this month, I am so close to being a published author. I'm so excited. I have dreamed of this since I was 6, remember?


~AnonymousA~

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a published author!! I am working on my fourth novel, so I know how much work, dedication, time it can take. Even today as the rain pours outside my window, I think, I...can't...write...even...one...word. But then I do, and it stops raining and life goes on, and word by word, sentence by sentence, the book comes into being. :) Also, I really liked your poem.

    ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! So many times I just wanted to toss the whole thing out the window...

      Delete
    2. Every. Single. Day. LOL! But then I remember: Professional writers are simply amateurs who never gave up. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! I really liked your poem!! :D Congratulations on being a published author!!!!!!
    Also, I'm really sorry, but I'm not going to do FFWC anymore. :( Sorry again!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!