Saturday, April 9, 2016

Poem a Day- Day 9

Why I Write

I write for myself, a little, it's true.
But part of it actually, is that I write it... for you.
I think of encouragement, laughter, and things.
When people say they like it, my mind starts to sing.
All the hours typing,
all the hours writing,
are worth it. 
They're worth it,
to me.
And if they're failures, from them I can learn.
Although, I may still like them.
When my fingers burn,
and my eyes grow weary, there's still another page to turn.
Athletes, they look forward to the Olympics
but every single day is the Write-o-lympics.
For every word is a challenge,
every page is a game,
every smile is a gold medal,
every kind comment is fame.
That's why I write.
I do it for me...
But the truth is, when I write, I do it kind of... for you.
Part of my thinks if I didn't, I'd die.
Part of me thinks without it, I'd cry.
But the truth is, I wouldn't be me without it.
It's like a part of me, there's no doubt about it.
So when I can't get to sleep at night,
when I pick up the pen and write,
through it all, remember,
it's not exactly a sacrifice...
it's like eating, like sleeping.
Does that explanation suffice?
I write for me, I write for you.



~AnonymousA~

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. This is PERFECT!!! Like literally, I feel the same way about writing! And you did an AMAZING job with this poem! I don't think I could ever do that XD
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! That is totally why I write.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!