Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wonderful Words Creating Worlds






Wonderful Words Creating Worlds


What: a writing camp

Who: anyone with a blog. (If you have a private blog, I will need to be given permission to view it.)

When: Signup Time: Now- April 8th. Camp Time: April 15th-April 22nd.


How: I will post a writing prompt. You will have one day to write a short story/part of a 
story. I will judge it and assign points. The day after you post it, I will post the teams and points. At the end of the camp, I will post the winners and my favorite story overall. 

THERE IS NO PRIZE EXCEPT FOR YOUR SATISFACTION.

SCHEDULE:
Day 1 (The 15th) I will post the teams and the first writing prompt. 
Day 2 (The 16th): You will post (on your blog) something you wrote based off of the writing prompt.
Day 3 (The 17th): I will count points and post points on my blog. I will also post the next writing prompt.

This will continue for the remainder of the days.

Day 11 (the 22nd): I will post the winning team/teams and my favorite story/stories overall.

Judging:
I will award ten points if
a.     Everything is spelled correctly.
b.      Grammar is used well.
c.       The storyline is well done.

I will subtract 10 points if:
a.     There are misspelled words.
b.     Grammar is used poorly.
c.      The story line is poorly done.
d.     There is any crude humor, cussing, etc.


TO SIGN UP:
To sign up, please fill out this form:

Name/pen name/username:
Blog address:
Favorite book series:

Once you have filled out that form, please comment it below.

Thank you! Please sign up!

~AnonymousA~

22 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks fun! I don't have time to participate, but I will spread the word. :)

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so doing this! It looks so fun! Here's my form...
    Name: Madi
    Blog address: DelightfulWorldOfDolls.com
    Favorite book series: The American Girl Mysteries or History Mysteries

    On the 16th, I'll be coming back after a trip, so the story might be posted later in the day. Is that okay as long as it's up before midnight?

    This sounds so fun! Eeek! I've wanted to participate in a writing camp so badly, but didn't have the time when Loren did hers. So I'm really excited!

    Love,
    ~Madi~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! Thanks for signing up!

      Yes, as long as it is up before midnight.


      I'm SO glad you signed up!

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh, I want to do this SO bad. However, next month is both Camp NaNoWriMo, NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month), and my blog's writing challenge, so I won't have any time. But if you do this again some other time, I would definitely sign up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing NaPoWriMo, but not Camp NaNo... Too busy. I would do yout writing challenge but.... -looks at to-do list- Uh.... -awkward silence-

      Delete
  4. I'm totally signing up!!!!!!!!!
    Here is the form.
    Name: Anika
    Blog address: anikaavenue.blogspot.com
    Favorite Book Series: I can't decide! Maybe The Boxcar Children or The Little House Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

    Okay.... I'm entered! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're entered! Thanks a million!

      Delete
  5. Hey! I just shared your contest on Pintrest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get lots of participants! I'll spread the word, but, like Clara, I won't be able to participate!:D Good luck!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always up for a writing challenge, but there's just one problem... With Misty's Writing Camp starting, two blogs to run, plus just other stuff in life, I won't be able to meet the deadline. I've noticed a couple others have said they can't enter due to being busy as well, so maybe you could make the deadline longer - give us more time to write the story? One day is not much time ;)
    I hope this didn't sound rude at all! I'm just trying to be helpful :D
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I solved the time problem...please read my newest post.

      Delete
  8. This looks like a ton of fun, but I think with AAWC, Camp NanoWrimo and NapoWrimo and some personal things going on, I don't think I'll be able to participate!
    I will definitely spread the word, and I hope you get a lot of participants!
    ~The Girl Upstairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and thanks bunches for adding my blog button to your sidebar! That's super nice of you. :)
      ~The Girl Upstairs

      Delete
    2. Hey, I decided to postpone it 'till June. Do you think that will work for you?

      Delete
  9. Hey, this looks like so much fun, but I think I will be too busy to participate! I'm very sorry, but I will totally spread the word. I hope you get a lot of entrants!!
    <3 Zielle
    https://myhomeschoolnotebook.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I'm signing up! :D

    Name/pen name/username: Clara
    Blog address: www.clarascraftcorner.wordpress.com
    Favorite book series: Keeper Of The Lost Cities

    I can't wait! :D

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Name/pen name/username: Jaclynn
    Blog address: http://www.littlemissfluffet.com
    Favorite book series: The Lord of The Rings

    I think this is going to be really fun and challenging! :D
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather/the girl of many fictional names
    https://thegirlofmanyfictionalnames.wordpress.com
    The Keeper of the Lost Cities

    I can't wait! I'm holding a competition in June! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!