Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2015

CWWC CHALLENGE 1: The Dream Master

I'm on Team Keepers! :) I keep the lost cities. What do you do?

Creating Worlds Writing Camp Team Keepers
via


Today's CWWC challenge's images inspired me to write a story titled the Dream Master.
Well, actually, it's less of a story and more of a prologue.  Anywho...

  The Dream Master
       I see her in a dream. She is a girl, not much older than I am. She is wearing a gray dress, and she stands on a bare, cracked dirt road. She holds a mirror, and she is looking at it, but I see no vanity in her eyes. Then she shocks me by stepping through the mirror and into a field of flowers. "I reflect things not as they are; but as they once were." Her voice echoes, and I feel myself spiraling out of control. I awake in my own bed, gasping. I sit up. Ever since I ran away from home, I'd had dreams like that. I looked around my apartment. I was staying in a hotel suite that I had payed most of my money for. I held up a dress. It would do. I threw it on and looked at my phone. It was 9:00 am, and it was a rainy London morning. I put my phone in my purse, and I go out into the city.

As I walk down the street, I see her. I follow her, and she leads me to a store which sells mirrors. "Who are you?" I ask.  "I am the first." "I... don't understand." I reply breathlessly. "I am the first Dream Master. There are others, but I was the first. I am the original." I gape at her. "Emmie, you have the potential to be a Dream Master. Would you like to be taught by me?" "Yes.... but what is your name?" "I am Xyria, your new mentor."
And so my new life began, and a new chapter unfolded. I was Emmie Claire Burnstead, Dream Master's apprentice.

~AnonymousA~

11 comments:

  1. This was really creative! I loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! I love how you managed to get both prompts into your prologue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loren. I can only hope that I have contributed some points to Team Keepers!

      Delete
  3. Awesome story! I love you description of the Dream Master.
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Is that a good woah, or a bad woah? :p

      Delete
  5. Wow! Go Team Keepers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I love it! I'm on your team! Go TEAM KEEPERS!!!!! That was VERY cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, K.A. YES TEAM KEEPERS! WE ARE SOOOO GONNA WIN! (Right?) :p

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Please feel free to chat, ask questions, tell me I'm a lunatic, etc. Just remember to keep it clean and God-honoring!